We’re back in the normal release cycle, with our first update to 2.4.
Here’s what you’ll find in this release:
- New batch scheduler command line parameter “-x” to extract one or more tables to CSV.
- Printing of script messages in batch output.
- Licensing revisions making it easier and faster for us to create evaluation license keys.
- Support for delimited files with spaces in file name.
- Error corrections.
Internally, we added six new automated test cases this week, around delimited file names, and SCD2 dimension processing. Our automated testing process is really starting to pay off, none of the errors we fixed this week were reported by users, all were found through automated testing.
Registered users will receive an email in the next 24 hours with the download details.
We’re a month late, and we’re sorry. But Ajilius 2.4.0 has finally been delivered.
We’ll blog more about specific features, but here’s what you have to look forward to in this release:
- BI Accelerators for Yellowfin, Tableau and Qlik. Full business-friendly metadata generation at the click (Qlik?) of a mouse. We’re the only data warehouse automation platform to support all three platforms.
- BI Views for a unified query experience across any BI tool, including PowerBI and Excel. Now your PowerPivot users can share the same business-friendly table and column names as their Yellowfin and Tableau colleagues.
- A revised, high-performance CTAS engine for MPP platforms, including Microsoft APS/PDW, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Redshift and Snowflake. And we’re still the only data warehouse automation platform to support three click migration between supported platforms.
- Full support for Microsoft APS/PDW. That makes us the only data warehouse automation platform that supports EVERY Microsoft RDBMS, SMP and MPP, on-premise and cloud.
- A new Inference engine for managing early arriving facts. You have the one-click choice of automatically inferring dimension rows when new values are found in fact processing, or simply assigning those rows to the “Unknown” value.
- Integrated Authentication for all Microsoft sources and targets.
Now the work begins on the Version 3.0 series of releases!