This week’s Release 2.2.12 includes a feature to write ELT log entries to the data warehouse.
Previous releases logged ELT performance to a log file. This file could be named through the Warehouse Edit screen, and defaulted to ajilius.log.
Now, in addition to the log file, a table AJILIUS_LOG is created in the AJILIUS schema of the data warehouse. On job completion, as long as a data warehouse connection is available, the results of the job will be inserted to this table.
The logged columns are:
- log_stamp / Timestamp
- log_script / Script name
- log_elapsed / Elapsed time in seconds
- log_status / Job status, 0=success
- log_files / Number of files processed during job
- log_inserts / Number of rows inserted during job
- log_updates / Number of rows updated during job
- log_deletes / Number of rows deleted during job
- log_message / Descriptive error message if log_status<>0
Ajilius. Keeping track of performance.