Because Ajilius is a multi-lingual and cross-platform product, we sometimes get asked about our ability to handle specific file encodings.
XML, JSON and Delimited files may be any of the following:
- UTF-8 (with or without a BOM)
- UTF-16 BE or LE (with a BOM)
- UTF-32 BE, LE, 3412-ordered, or 2143-ordered (with a BOM)
- Big5, GB2312/GB18030, EUC-TW, HZ-GB-2312, and ISO-2022-CN (Traditional and Simplified Chinese)
- EUC-JP, SHIFT_JIS, and ISO-2022-JP (Japanese)
- EUC-KR and ISO-2022-KR (Korean)
- KOI8-R, MacCyrillic, IBM855, IBM866, ISO-8859-5, and windows-1251 (Russian)
- ISO-8859-2 and windows-1250 (Hungarian)
- ISO-8859-5 and windows-1251 (Bulgarian)
- ISO-8859-7 and windows-1253 (Greek)
- ISO-8859-8 and windows-1255 (Visual and Logical Hebrew)
- TIS-620 (Thai)
Ajilius will transcode these file types to the encoding of the target DBMS, assuming that the target encoding is capable of supporting the characters in the input file.
Ajilius. We can read your writing.